Santa Cruz is a coastal town in central California. The Santa Cruz Mountain Bike Festival grounds are located 8 miles east in Aptos, behind Aptos Village Shopping Center. The best address to use for finding directions is 417 Trout Gulch Road, Aptos, CA 95003.
There is no parking available at the venue (although ample parking is available for $10 at Seacliff State Beach, just one mile away). Festival attendees and participants are encouraged to carpool or ride their bikes to the festival in support of our “green” efforts. Parking at businesses that are operating on Saturday or Sunday may result in your vehicle being towed. The road adjacent to the venue, Granite Way is also a “No Parking, Tow Away Zone.” We will have parking marshals and signs enforcing parking restrictions on Granite Way.
- Bike Parking: Free, secure bike valet parking on the Expo grounds will be provided by People Power of Santa Cruz. Ride your commuter bike to the festival and try out a mountain bike from one of the many bike demo vendors.
- Vehicle Parking: Ample parking is available at an easy 1 mile pedal from Seacliff State Beach upper parking lot for $10 per vehicle (cheaper than being towed).
- Handicap Parking: This event is accessible. Please call 831-345-1881 in advance for reasonable accommodation request.
- BEST WESTERN PLUS SEA CLIFF INN, Aptos, 1.0 miles from SCMBF. *Official SCMBF Sponsor* Let ‘em know you’re coming to our event!
- Bay View Hotel Bed and Breakfast, Aptos Village, located adjacent to the SCMBF
- Rio Sands Motel, Aptos, 1.0 mile from SCMBF
- Seascape Resort, Aptos, 3.2 miles from SCMBF
- Best Western Plus – Capitola-by-the-Sea Inn and Suites, Capitola-by-the-Sea, 5.4 miles from SCMBF
- Fairfield Inn and Suites, Capitola, 5.5 miles from SCMBF
- New Brighton Beach, 3 miles from SCMBF
- Manresa Uplands State Beach, 6 miles from SCMBF
- KOA Santa Cruz/Monterey Bay, 9.5 miles from SCMBF
Hours & Schedule
The festival runs from 9am-7pm Saturday and 9am-4pm Sunday. See schedule for details.
Zero Waste Event
Zuvo Water will provide filtered water at the event; please bring your reusable water bottles to the event and leave the bottled water behind. Bottled water will not be available for sale at the event. Our operations will be powered by the sun courtesy Allterra Solar. Carpooling and biking to the event will further diminish the festival’s impact on the planet. We thank you in advance for sharing the ride festival. Free, secure bike valet parking on the Expo grounds will be provided by People Power of Santa Cruz.
Canine friends are welcome on leash if well behaved in a crowd. Gifts left behind must be cleaned up promptly by their human.
Want to participate in an event?
Kids aged 3-12, Juniors 13-16, and Amateurs, Experts & Pros aged 17+ are welcome to participate in a variety of events, including skills clinics, fun rides, speed and style competitions. Visit our Events section for more details.
There are plenty of opportunities to participate in the Santa Cruz Mountain Bike Festival aside from registering for an event. Spectate, volunteer, shop, eat & drink, demo a rig, catch a shuttle… and more! See our Expo section for more details.