It’s intense! It’s fast! It’s fun! Come weave and wind your way through the heart of the Santa Cruz Mountain Bike Festival on our elaborate 1/2 mile Specialized/Scotts Valley Cycle Sport Short Track race course. Speed by the vendor booths, rally through off-camber corners and pump your way through berms and rollers. You’ll go as hard as you can for a few minutes and then it’s one more lap and a mad dash to finish.
When: See schedule for timing.
Saturday, April 13: Pro/Expert Races
Sunday, April 14: Junior/Amateur Races
Where: Aptos Village Short Track
- $50 Pro/Expert Men, Pro/Expert Women: 30 minutes + 1 lap
- $40 Amateur Men, Amateur Women: 20 minutes + 1 lap
Register first for the Mountain Bike Skills Clinic and save $10 on this race.
- $30 Junior Boys, Junior Girls (aged 13-16): 15 minutes + 1 lap
Why: Because you love it! Plus, top 3 in each category receive prizes.
Cash payout for Pro/Expert; Prizes for all others.
What if it rains? This event runs rain or shine. No refunds.
- Demo a Bike: Find your dream bike! The half mile short track is a great opportunity to test the variety of bikes on offer in the adjacent Expo. The course offers challenges for all levels. See the schedule for open bike demo times. Note: the course will be closed during the skills clinic.
- Mountain Bike Skills Clinic: Looking to improve your current skill set or gain some new tricks? Register for Saturday’s mountain bike skills clinic.
Kids’ Fun Lap: Prizes for everyone! Kids take one lap around the “big kids” short track and everyone’s a winner.
- Spectate: Cheer on your friends and family as they race round and round the course. Short track is a very spectator friendly way to experience a cross country race because all the action happens right in front of you. Arrive early to snag a choice spot for your own chair or blanket, or grab a seat on one of the many hay bales that will be available for first-come, first-serve seating.
- Volunteer: Be rewarded with the best seat in the house by volunteering to help run the event! Contact us for more information.