AMATEUR DIRT JUMPERS! This just in!!
SCMBF is amped to announce that the amateur portion of this event is a Freeride Mountain Bike (FMB) World Tour Bronze event! Up & coming riders, here’s your chance to show your talent, gain experience and earn points for the FMB US amateur series. FMB Bronze events offer amateur athletes an achievable way to work up to pro ranks—register now and get ready to send it into the big time!
- Sunday, April 6 See schedule for timing.
Where: Aptos Post Office Jumps
Who & How Much: On-line registration is open from February 24 through April 3, 2014, 10pm. Register at the festival up to one hour before start time for available events, activities and clinics. Stop by the registration booth to check on availability.
- $30 Pro Men (aged 17+) (PRO WOMEN SEE SUGAR SHOWDOWN COMP $30)
- $30 Amateur Men (aged 17+) (AMATEUR WOMEN SEE SUGAR SHOWDOWN COMP $30)
- $25 Expert Junior Boys (aged 13-16; big jump line)
- $25 Junior Girls (aged 13-16; intermediate progression line)
- $20 Beginners (all ages; intermediate progression line)
Why: Because you love to send it! Plus, judges will award cash and prizes to those who push their limits, throw down sick tricks, show mad style, send creative lines or whatever else catches their eye.
What if it rains? Rain the day of this event may cause it to be cancelled by race officials. In the event of cancellation, registrants will be refunded their entry fee minus a $5 processing charge.
Not competing? The Aptos Post Office Jumps have been the training grounds for a number of world-class dirt jumpers. Come pay tribute to these historic jumps by spectating, volunteering, or demo’ing a DJ bike!
- Spectate: You don’t want to miss your chance to cheer on amateurs and pros alike as they throw it down on this renowned hallowed ground. Arrive early to snag a choice spot for your own chair or blanket, or grab a seat on one of the many hay bales that will be available for first-come, first-serve seating.
- Volunteer: Volunteering is a great opportunity for you to be part of this exciting event and contribute to its success. Contact us for more information.
- Demo a Bike: Ready to push those limits? Demo a “little” bike and let your inner child fly! See the schedule (to be published February 24, 2014) for open bike demo times.